Voice Test Engineer
Framingham, MA 01701
Seeking a talented individual with an appropriate level of experience and interest in Software Test and Automation particularly in the area of voice prompt testing. You will be working with a team that has a tradition of creating market leading speakers and award winning headset products.
As a software test engineer, you will help guide our future expansion in test ensuring that software enabled wireless products are robust and reliable and that they will work well with source devices (e.G. Phones, tablets, mp3 players, laptops). You will work with engineers to support all phases of the software development lifecycle, from product inception to start of production and beyond. You will be tasked with providing potential solutions to new technologies and new features. Support will include demonstration interfaces and manufacturing API's.
- Create test strategy for testing voice prompts in wireless headphones and speaker products.
- Design tools to help with identifying the distortion in voice.
- Support team direction to best implement continuous integration and automated overnight build testing
- Support all phases of the software lifecycle including requirements analysis, testing, release validation, and documentation
- Utilize test case management and issue tracking systems.
- Collaborate across the organization with a desire to teach and learn from others.
- B.S in Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in testing voice quality or recognition with or without VPA's (MUST HAVE)
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Embedded Testing.
- Experience in Mobile device automation.
- Experience with JIRA, Jama, and source code management (SCM) tools (Subversion, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wifi, or other networking protocols.