Peachtree Corners, Georgia
seeking to fill the position of Transportation Engineer (PE) in the Transportation business unit in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Prepares/modifies reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for civil-site, road, rail, and other transportation projects
· Assists in client contact and communication, and attends client meetings
· Assists in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, and tests in order to plan and design projects
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
· Supervise work of support staff as needed.
· Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- 5 - 10 years’ experience
- Experience using AutoCAD, MicroStation, SelectCADD and/or GeoPak
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Other: Must have relationships and experience with GDOT.
- Transportation specific experience
- TIA program is the bill that has enacted a tax allowing billions in renovations to highways and bridges, with millions to be paid to consulting companies for these jobs
- State projects, county projects, municipal projects.