Sr. Network Engineer
Washington DC, Washington DC 20050
- Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems.
- Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel.
- Integration of multi-tenant on premise environment requirements
- Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design.
- Takes corrective action to re-route traffic when problems occur and works with network engineering to resolve issues.
- Advises customer and contractor personnel of company requirements for products and services, support equipment, and installations.
- Directs regular, special, and integrated system test programs.
- Prepares and conducts special reports and presentations pertinent to company products and services, field operations, or other applications.
- Plans, prepares, and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of these activities. Perform functional consultation supporting end user groups.
- Applies expertise and knowledge of state-of-the-art software, hardware, network infrastructure, and/or information technology to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot highly complex user/system problems.
- Prepares complex recommendations and proposals.
- At least eight years of related hands-on experience
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networking
- Ability to identify customer requirements and aid in problem resolution