Sr Electrical Engineer - Harnessing
Burlington, MA 01801
A fast-paced, energetic company that is developing the world's first practical flying car. We are currently looking for a world-class Electrical Harness Engineer to join our development team and be responsible for the design of vehicle harnessing. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Job Summary The harness engineer will be responsible for designing and developing low voltage wire harnesses (chassis, body, HVAC, instrument, panel, engine bay, etc.) using 2D and 3D CAD tools. The individual will work closely with program engineers and Senior Harness Engineers to design, document, test and assist in the fabrication of vehicle wiring harnesses.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Design low voltage electrical power distribution, communication and control system harnessing at the schematic and physical level
- Working within the established corporate design flow for harnessing, create harness components in the centralized component library, perform 2D schematic capture of wire harnesses and assist with the 3D route and place of the harness in the vehicle
- Collaborate closely with System Electrical Engineers to define harness electrical parameters and perform connector selection, wire size gauging and material selection for use in harness designs
- Create and maintain design and fabrication documentation for vehicle harnesses. Documentation includes electrical schematics, line diagrams, wire run lists, Bills of Materials and assembly and nail board drawings
- Provide engineering support to both in-house and outside cable manufacture and fabrication Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering
- 3-7 years of systems level electrical development experience with 1-3 years of harness design experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with harness computer aided design software such as SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCad Electrical, TurboCAD, HarnesSys, etc. SolidWorks Electrical experience a plus
- Knowledge of aircraft or automotive wiring and components such as connectors, backshells, relays, switches, indicator lights, etc. Candidates with harness/wiring experience in related industries, e.G., robotics, industrial automation, solar, wind turbine, luxury watercraft will also be considered
- Experience with wire connection lists, electrical schematics, wire gauge sizing and connector selection - Familiarity with cable/harness design for EMI/EMC compatibility
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills - Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint