Senior Systems Engineer
Maryland Line, MD 20904
* Bachelor's degree (BS) or related experience required.
* 10+ years direct job-related experience
* 8570 Compliance IAT Level II or higher (Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security active certification required)
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Expertise with server virtualization technology (VMWare)
* Experience with Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Active Directory & Group Policy administration
* Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP
* Working knowledge of NetApp Administration
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Good communications skills, both written and verbal. Will be responsible for step-by-step documentation of all aspects of system installation and configuration.
* Ability to work in an environment of shifting priorities and capable of changing direction as needed.
* Able to be on-call 24x7 support and there will be some after hours and weekend responsibilities expected
* Experience with Security Audits such as Annual Reviews, Authority to Operate (ATOs), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs)
* Experience with the software deployment and support of Maintenance Windows.
* Secret Clearance Required
* ITIL v3 Foundations certification
* VMware VCP
* Microsoft MCSE/MCSA certification
* Familiarity with network monitoring tools
* Familiarity with implementing DoD/DISA security guidance
* Engineers, installs, configures, updates, and maintains Microsoft (MS) Windows servers in a large, complex environment
* Use VMware to administer virtual infrastructure as well as native HyperV.
* Designs and plans complex hardware deployments, software upgrades, and significant operational initiatives
* Performs Multi-tiered incident, change and problem management
* Works with vendors to isolate and resolve hardware problems to include component replacement
* Addresses and rectifies server problems, works with Microsoft or other vendors as necessary
* Maintains and upgrades automated scripts for application products to facilitate operational tasks
* Monitors system capacity (CPU, memory, ports, disk space, etc.) and takes appropriate action to report and correct any issues
* Coordinates with Project Management, Security, Asset Management, Customer Relations, Tech Bench and Service Desk teams as necessary for problem support and resolution
* Tests and deploys software updates and security patches to infrastructure and servers
* Monitors faults, performance, and capacity issues; prepares remediation reports and documentation
* Researches, identifies, and analyzes trends of utilization and errors
* Uses the ticketing system to document requests, incidents and changes to keep track of work, issues and resolutions
* In certain situations, may be required to function as a technical lead or supervise other team members of equivalent or lesser seniority
* Continuously looks for process and quality improvement
* Insures team documentation is accurate and maintained
* Conducts gap analyses as needed, and provides results and recommendations to management for review
* Installation of rack-mounted IT equipment, power and network cabling
* Lead projects of differing difficulty to support hosting, requirements gathering, research, and ad hoc requests