Senior Electrical Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Develops and supervises the use of design criteria document(s) to meet the project objectives. Ensures quality and technical accuracy of project deliverables. Follows the BSI Standard Operating Procedures and Client Standards. Performs or ensures all the necessary calculations and design effort to prepare deliverables. Applies good judgement and engineering principles in all their work. Ensures discipline's design is accurate and coordinated within the 2D drawings and/or 3D model and/or site scans. Establishes and manages their own engineering schedule and budget objectives on assigned projects. Provides clear direction to designers of project scope, schedule, budget and expectations of quality for small or medium sized projects. Ability to manage or self-perform capital cost estimating. Supervises or writes project-based documents; including but not limited to studies, project notes, scope, close-out reports. Manages and has extensive experience designing low voltage (600 and below) power distribution systems.
* Has working knowledge of medium voltage system design and equipment.
* Perform or evaluate short circuit/arc flash/coordination and load studies.
* Manages or self performs the design of:
* MCCs, including single lines and layout of MCCs.
* Motor controls, including hardwired, PLC and DCS systems.
* Grounding and lightning protection systems.
* Special systems, this includes telephone, data, fire alarm and communication.
* Cable tray and conduit systems.
* Electrical heat tracing systems
Manages and has extensive experience writing specifications for low voltage distribution equipment.
* Proficient in EasyPower and or SKM software is required.
* Knowledgeable in PLC and DCS design and hardware is desired, but not required.
* Knowledgeable in IECC design requirements is desired, but not required.
* Possess a thorough understanding of the National Electrical Code
* Develops and writes discipline scope, deliverables, assumptions, and estimates budget for proposals
BS degree in engineering or equivalent education and work experience.
At least 5 years of professional experience
EIT or PE is desired, but not required
LEED accreditation is desired, but not required