Senior Desktop Support
Spring, TX 77380
The Senior Desktop Support Specialist provides desktop support and troubleshooting for the entire enterprise network to include but not limited to design, installation, maintenance and support services. The role will work with our network management team to in regard to network changes and the feasibility of projects recommended by network users. The Senior Desktop Support Specialist will be required to monitor technology trends, understand and make recommendations regarding incorporation of new technology into the company's existing platforms. Travel is involved up to 70%.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Monitor and triage tickets as they arrive in queue.
* Respond to tickets within Service Level Agreements and provide resolution setting priorities to meet department and customer expectations.
* Provision user accounts across multiple platforms including installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing usability of business hardware and software.
* Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
* Purchase, maintain and organize inventory for hardware and software licensing (IT assets).
* Provide hands-on technical support for internal customer issues including but not limited to workstations, cell phones, printers, telephones.
* Administer Active Directory accounts and groups
* Management of internal software applications.
* Support Office 365 Administration including patch management, email support and password resets.
* Conduct and monitor completion of weekly backups.
* Provide IT leadership date including creating and publishing metrics from service management system
* Demonstrate knowledge of ITIL concepts and current technology protocols and standards (required)
* Create, maintain and review IT knowledge base and training materials.
* Collaborate with the other groups within IT to ensure handoff of customer issues, knowledge transfer and customer satisfaction.
* Focus on customer service with demonstrable experience in meeting and managing customer expectations.
* Establish effective and productive working relationships with staff at all levels.
* Plan, coordinate and participate in off-hours project requirements as well as on-call support.
* Understand, analyze and creatively solve problems through strong critical thinking skills
* Communicate at various levels throughout the organization including written and verbal skills along with technical concepts
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Minimum of 3 years of applications system administration experience
* Working knowledge of Azure IaaS and PaaS services preferred
* Experience installing, upgrading, and/or configuring multi-tier application software
* Experience with the following technologies: MS: Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, MS Office (O365), Outlook, Exchange concepts and troubleshooting. (required)
* Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems and database structures
* Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills
* Scripting experience (e.G. Python, Powershell, BASH, etc.) preferred
* Strong understanding of web technologies and the components of web-based applications
* Working knowledge of Cisco call management preferred
* Working knowledge of network infrastructure in relationship to server infrastructure
* Ability to maintain documentation for IT processes, procedures, trouble tickets, network configurations, hardware/software inventory, and audit requests.
* Bachelor's degree in computer-related field or three years equivalent work experience