Fredericksburg, VA 22406
As we plan for success, we are looking for individuals who possess the following:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, small business experience and/or an appreciation and understanding of the challenges small businesses sometimes face
- An intermediate to advanced business acumen: i.E. Understanding of basic financial principles, small business strategy, etc.
- Experience in consultative sales - i.E. Establishing genuine rapport with clients, engaging in bi-directional and meaningful conversations with prospects, confidently making recommendations
- Strong computer skills and comfort with the internet
- Strong B2B communication skills
- Confidence with basic math skills such as averages, percentages, ratios, etc.
- Ability to tell a compelling story that paints a visual for a prospect
- Unrelenting passion for customer service
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to thrive in environments characterized by rapid and immense change
- Effortlessly excels in the area of key performance metrics such as speed to first prospect engagement, timely follow-up, availability to customers, punctuality, etc.
- Experience in a small business lending environment is preferred. This includes any exposure to the lending processes that small businesses go through such as credit checks, review of personal and business tax returns, analysis of debt to net worth ratios, review of balance sheets, income statements and profit/loss reports. Familiarity with personal and business credit scores is also preferred
- Commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards and a desire to do all things with unmatched integrity
- A natural problem solver who is always thinking about " how to invent a better mousetrap."
- A person who is equally enthusiastic about learning from others and teaching others
- A true team player who values his or her peers' opinions, knowledge and aspirations
- Can adapt on the fly to meet short term goals while simultaneously considering better long term solutions - Eagerness to receive and implement coaching
- Adapts to frequent change effectively and positively Ideally, we are looking for someone with a good balance of small business acumen and consultative sales experience. Not necessarily a former bank president or even an underwriter with 20 years of experience.