SCCM Infrastructure Engineer - CMPCJP00051748
Paulsboro, NJ 08066
The team will have very little travel but there is at times some and would also want qualified candidate to have a passport. Interview process will depend on candidate's location.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for image development, process automation, and 3 rd level support.
The candidate will be responsible for gathering all drivers, installation packages, and components used during the creation of the image and utilize industry standard toolsets and processes.
The candidate will validate that the images meet the customer supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Image Development and process design
Support image building problems and issues for the client desktop environment.
These tasks are not standardized and require independent thought and problem solving to resolve.
Specify standards for installation, configuration and tuning of desktop equipment
Maintain documentation for configuration of PC architecture
Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment.
Provide 3rd level support for desktop support analysts.
Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices.
Provides continuing project evaluation and feedback to team members.
Consults with customers regularly to identify needs, develop and implement proposals.
Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers.
Identifies and prioritizes system requirements and enhancements, and communicates to executive management.
Plans and oversees the rollout of all changes.
Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems.
Ability to train less experienced staff is required.
Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
Experience / Skills:
* Understanding of all standard operating systems
* Desired minimum experience: 5+ years using industry standard Imaging tools (Microsoft ImageX)
* Working knowledge of troubleshooting, image testing and regressive testing techniques
* Experience with creating test plan documents, diagnosing image failures.
* Experience with Microsoft SCCM, OSD, Task Sequences, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft MDT.
* Experience with WinPE, PXE, Driver integration, System Modification.
* Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks (i.E. WinBatch, VBScript, Batch Files)
* Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Good interpersonal skills: gets along well with others.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn.