Richmond- HVAC Engineer
Richmond, VA 23219
** I'm looking for a mobile building engineer with strong HVAC skill set. Leadership skills are a plus.
** This position requires candidate to operate generators for testing purposes**
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of seven years experience as a certified refrigerant technician.
* Completion a formal apprenticeship program preferred.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Certification in two or more of the following: Electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair as well as CFC Certification.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
* Ability to effectively present information.
* Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles and to understand operating budgets.
* Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
* Conducts basic financial analysis.
* Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
* Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
* Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
* Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
* Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
* Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. Or more.
* Operates, inspects, and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment for commercial HVAC systems in assigned facilities to achieve most efficient results.
* Assures that equipment is being maintained in a safe manner.
* Minimizes down time through proactive performance testing and scheduled maintenance.
* Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
* Maintains, operates, and repairs HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds as it pertains to assigned building(s). Inspects building HVAC and plumbing systems to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
* Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
* Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
* Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
* Reviews historical maintenance records to develop proactive inspection, testing and preventive maintenance schedule.
* Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and follows prescribed routines to service locations in a timely manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
* Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
* Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
* Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
* Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
* Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.