Project Manager, Development
Cambridge, MA 02138
Here's What You'll Do:
* From project objectives, establish project milestones, manage work plans/vendor budgets, determine how to use and ensure adequate resources are assigned to meet project objectives.
* Manage daily project management activities, including project schedule development, team leadership, project communication, staffing assessment, status reporting, and resource plan development, and external /vendor needs/budget and invoice review. Identify and track critical path/activities, risks, contingencies and alternatives.
* Collaborates with team members, functional managers to assure integration of project and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables. Works with project team to identify risks, contingencies and alternatives.
* Responsibilities include preparing meeting agendas, recording and issuing meeting minutes, tracking action items, coordinating global and sub-team activities and disseminating project
* Supports team members, overall team function and department managers in their strategic function in support of project.
* Recommends processes or procedures that facilitate project operations. Provides input into company resource planning, project management processes.
* Requires BS/MS in life sciences, and a minimum of 8 years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with 5 years in project management.
* Fundamental understanding of drug development processes and strategies and demonstrated experience managing interdisciplinary development teams is required.
* Skilled in MS Office tools and MS Project software.
* Experience with NIH/BARDA grant management a plus.