Performance Engineer II - #2525
Cincinnati, OH 45203
The Performance Engineering practice is focused on optimizing the performance and scalability of enterprise applications through the combination of testing, diagnostics & monitoring, performance analytics, and business optimization. The candidate will be analyzing, planning and executing production-like simulations across mobile and web solutions to identify & remediate performance problems, prevent production outages, and guarantee predictable performance. They will also be instrumenting the complete application architecture to provide real user and system performance data to provide insight into the root cause of all application bottlenecks, enabling real time visibility to reduce risk exposure. The candidate will measure the relationship between end-to-end performance, user behavior, and business goals to maximize the business ROI, improve business KPIs, and increase efficiency. They will empower technology/business stake holders with contextual intelligence to visualize, quantify and maximize the business value of performance to improve the quality & performance of the business, increase customer satisfaction, and protect the client reputation.
* US Citizen or Green Card holder preferred
* 8+ years of software product development and delivery experience.
* 3+ years of performance engineering experience.
* Ability to interpret and draw System & Architecture diagrams.
* Ability to identify system bottlenecks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills.
* Familiarity with tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, YSlow and JProfiler.
* Strong knowledge of HTTP load generation and measurement software.
* Proficient in APM products such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic. (Dynatrace is preferred).
* Basic understanding of System Resources and Services; Load balancers, Webservers, Database, Operating System, Network Software and Hardware.
* Experience in Web server, Application server and Database performance tuning.
* Expertise in analyzing error, system logs of Web and Application Server, Heap Dump, Thread Dump during failure to determine the cause of failure.
* Experience in summarizing large amount of metrics into meaningful graphs and reports.
* Familiar with Latest Cloud & Container Technologies.