Quantico, VA 22134
Education and Years of Experience:
* Five or more years of experience in monitoring, managing, and administering IP networks in a production environment.
* Hands-on experience with Layer 3 switches
* Active TS is required (SCI eligible)
* Cisco or network certifications preferred
Min. Citizenship Required: US Citizen
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Network Engineer will provide support in the following areas:
* Looking for someone with strong experience with Layer 3 switching/multilayer switching
* Will be troubleshooting switches and routers in over 150 locations across the United States, coordinating with remote network administrators, and working with the various circuit providers.
* Will provide network input on major projects, upgrades, and installations.
* Will be responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting changes to the network including cable infrastructure, network software and hardware.
* Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions.
* Analyzing and recommending the purchase of network equipment.
* Monitor routers and communications equipment that comprise the network.
* Provide training as needed to personal.
* Develop, implement and test changes to communication networks.
* Maintaining network systems and equipment Installing and servicing terminals, cables, network components.
* Resolving interoperability problems to maintaining connectivity throughout the network.
* Analyzing traffic information and providing analyses to justify network optimization and reconfiguration.
* Providing technical assistance, training and system documentation for users to promote efficient operation of communication networks.
* Conferring with an advising network managers and system administrators on the management and functional capabilities of the networks.
* Evaluating and recommending vendor products and services.
* Reverse engineering, documenting, and explaining networks.
Please send all resumes to sung.Lee@catapultsg.Com