Mainframe Operator (6707021)
777 Research Drive Lincoln, Nebraska 68521
My client is looking for a Mainframe Operator for a 6 month contract in Lincoln, Nebraska. The requirements are below:
Need individuals that we can train to monitor our systems on varying shifts. Have some technical skills, but willing to learn, and attention to detail. Run Cycles, monitor jobs, troubleshoot issues, FTP skills
Office, working with others, on site. Must be Onsite in Lincoln, NE. Will begin on 1st shift of 7am - 4pm for training. Then will move to 2nd and 3rd shift for go live launch beginning in June. (1 per shift - 2nd = 3pm to 12am & 3rd = 11pm to 7:30am). Open to candidates willing to relocate at own expense. Must be able to start in 2 weeks or less.
*** IBM Mainframe experience preferred.
Participates In the design, specification, implementation, and maintenance of systems.
- Designs, codes, tests and Documents software programs of moderate complexity as per the requirements specifications.
- Participates In design reviews and technical briefings.
- Assists In preparation of requirement specifications, laying out of screens, reports, forms including documenting and revising user procedures and/or manuals.
- Involved with resolution of low complexity software development issues that May arise In a production environment.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Supports existing software application to cover incident management, problem management and release management.
30 minute in person interview for local candidates.