Laboratory Computing Specialist - CMPCJP00050941
Redwood City, CA 94063
Prior Scientific Lab Support experience with a Pharmaceutical Company supporting Regulated and non-Regulated benchtop Systems. Familiarity with related change control processes.
- Assist in troubleshooting software and connectivity between benchtop and instruments
- Work closely with instrument vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Participate in the installation, documentation and testing of upgraded instruments in both regulated and non-regulated laboratories
- Work with the client to understand the LCS imaging process, core benchtops suite and systems management tools to be utilized on all systems.
- Deploy or update data management tools for backup and archive.
- Participate in projects in support of laboratory computing at the local site, collaborating with IT Staff and clients at other sites.
- Desk-side support: diagnosis of hardware and software (as provided with OS distribution or additional mutual agreement)
- Other: upgrades and retirement support for both benchtops and instruments
- Remote hands as necessary.
* Support for specialized hardware/software to support business function.
- Resolve problem with Lab Computer not reporting to monitoring software: a break-fix work instruction will be available.
- Client unable to log in: Process to troubleshoot and resolve, or escalate.
- Security-related intervention.
- Data collection or software issue: (not a classic break/fix scenario) initial dispatch, determination, and resolve or determine next step.
- Check Antivirus: based on core technical tasks.
- Perform physical inventory: Count and/or record asset tags (or other information) about computers in labs on a periodic basis.
- Return lab computer to baseline: Evaluate the core configuration items and return them to baseline if necessary, monthly pro-active.
- Perform Lab computer health-check: Locate and resolve network connectivity or computer availability.