Junior Network Admin
Quantico, VA 22134
The primary scope of this work shall be:
- Monitoring all TRU networks for traffic anomalies, service disruptions and indications of site or region trouble provided network monitoring tools.
- Monitoring network router/switch status, respond to network alarms, and respond to associated problems.
- Supporting both Cisco and Linux based routing platforms.
- Remotely accessing routers, switches, Type 1 Encryption devices, and other equipment to provide support.
- Assisting System Administrators with network directories, reports and scheduling events.
- Remotely monitoring video teleconferencing equipment and resolve issues as necessary.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network problems relating to all TRU deployment kits.
- Managing connection outages, bandwidth utilization and peaks.
- Creating reports to show trends using the Network Management Information System (NMIS) software.
- Taking corrective action to ensure operability of all switches, routers and networks are fully operational.
- Performing configuration changes to network devices such as firmware upgrades and device configuration changes, as directed by TRU management in accordance with the TRU change management process.
- Performing port security changes as necessary to ensure proper security compliance.
- Performing remote control to the servers to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Performing " soft" changes to network devices, such as firmware upgrades and device configuration changes, as directed by FBI management in accordance with the FBI change management process (FBI approved changes only).
- Monitoring network and systems performance and troubleshoot problems.
- Creating and maintaining network diagrams for all new and existing deployed TRU kits.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco IP Phones.
- Configuring new routers, switches, Type 1 Encryption devices and other equipment for new TRU deployment kits.
- Escalating issues to Tier 3 engineers when appropriate.
- Assisting with maintaining network monitoring tools.
- Active Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI, and pass a CI Polygraph
- Two (2) years of experience in supporting data or telecommunications networks.
- Must have experience with network analysis/management tools and techniques and be familiar with PCs in a client/server environment.
- Must be familiar with IT technology and long distance and local carrier management.
- Shall have experience deploying network configurations, test/troubleshooting activities, documenting network systems.
- Shall be able to determine network usage, troubleshoot network problems and add computer peripherals to the network.
Preferred Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) certification or equivalent.
Please contact: sung.Lee@catapultstaffing.Com