3504 7th Ave. S. Birmingham, Alabama 35222
Registration-tracked. 3D skills relevant coursework or courses is a plus.
Work with project architect to develop and produce contract documents as part of a multi-discipline team for industrial and manufacturing clients. Architectural design development, coordination, document production. Will use basic knowledge of building codes, materials and building systems while working with and under the guidance of a senior Architect.
- Applies academic knowledge and training in the use of various building materials and systems
- Completes entry level assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities
- Works under the direction of a project architect; receives specific and detailed instruction as to required tasks and results
- Drafts own and other designs into completed working drawings
- May be assisted by a CADD designer but usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others
- Performs elementary architectural assignments and generally works from designs of others, compiles data, performs simple design studies and evaluations, estimates quantity take-offs, and assists in preparation of cost estimates with increasing responsibility based on performance
- Entry level; 0-2 years
- Exercises judgment in developing project details, and selects and develops preliminary alternatives
- Ability to communicate with others digitally, verbally, and in writing
- Good computer interface skills (PC) including 3D modeling. Knowledge of Bentley and Autodesk products is a definite plus
- Knowledge of Microstation or Triforma is a plus
- Develop and use basic knowledge of building codes, materials, and building systems