Front End Developer-100% remote!
Arlington, VA 22202
We are seeking a Software Developer with professional experience in database design and deployment to join our team in support of innovative new product development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for deigning data solutions using the most appropriate platform, implementing code to populate and expose the data, transform existing data, and take an active role in review, design, and analysis of new development, and modification of systems. This position is eligible for remote work, but may require some travel as needed for meetings (not to exceed 25%). Responsibilities will include: design and implementation of database solutions; design and development of software in support databases; deployment, tuning, and support of database systems, be a contributing software development team member
What You Will Be Doing:
-Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution
-Analyze data structures content and ensure performance validity.
-Design, code, test, and implement software solutions using modern techniques and programming language
-Provide high-level database development assistance in creating specific applications for businesses
-Participate in research and apply innovation at all levels of the software development process
-Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities
-Work harmoniously in a cross-functional teams including IT and business resources.
-Provide excellent customer service by responding to and assisting with resolving issues
What You Will Need for this Position
- Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science or equivalent work experience required
- 5 + years working experience in a database development environment.
- Active front end development and programming experience with AngularJS
- 5 + years experience with: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle RDBMS, Stored Procedures, Views, etc
- Ability to work successfully independently, detail-oriented and be task-driven. Sound knowledge and experience working with software application, database design, and BI ideas
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Highly effective working in a team, as well as working independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and organization skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Search API's (E.G. Elastisearch, Solr, Lucene)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (E.G. MongoDB, Hadoop, AllegroGraph, Neo4j)
Desired Experience:- Java Web Service development- Gradle/Spring Framework