Field Service Technician III US CMPCJP00046423
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- May require an associate's degree or its equivalent.
- Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Expert with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience and involvement with Network design, planning, and implementation. Troubleshooting and repairing all network, hardware, and software related issues in an SMB Environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
- Experience working as a small and medium business consultant supporting client project and upgrade plans.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Required certifications include CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, CCNA (or higher), HP Server, IBM Server, Lenovo, Dell, Lexmark, HP, Xerox.
- Extensive Operating System and Application installation/troubleshooting experience in both Microsoft and Apple environments. BS in IT or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Experience with Remote Management and Monitoring (Kaseya, Labtech)
- Basic knowledge and support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Respond to service tickets based on alerts and notifications generated by a remote monitoring and management system.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel daily appx 30%
- Ability to travel overnight on occasion.
- Read and interpret policies, legal instructions, and technical documentation.
- Communicate difficult information in a neutral and professional manner.
- Remain calm in emotionally-charged situations.
- Manage simultaneous and conflicting priorities.
- Organize and meet deadlines.
- Positive mental attitude.