Field Service Technician I US CMPCJP00046430
560 Rehoboth Rd Griffin, Georgia 30224
- The desktop support technician provides day-to-day technical support to client’s internal desktop systems software and hardware.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop/laptop systems.
- Provide “smart hands” support for infrastructure devises, servers, and conference rooms AV equipment.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as liaison between customers, departments, and within the organization to lead problem resolution.
- Ensures that all problems are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilizes technical expertise for moderately complex aspects of major system components used to support business.
- Requires 4+ years of related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- ? A strong computer professional who is able to prioritize workload and maintain a positive relationship with various personalities.
- ? Ability to converse and communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- ? Ability to maintain professional behavior.
- ? Strong Customer Service Skills including written and verbal communications
- ? Diagnosing and resolving PC technical issues.
- ? Records, tracks, escalates and updates events through established systems
- ? Candidate must be detail oriented and self-motivating (a strong work ethic)
- ? Install, test, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware and software products
- ? Interfaces with other technicians, operations, and customers and makes decisions on operating procedures, analytical approaches, and configuration options
- ? Follows established process and procedures to plan, install, test, and implement computer system hardware or software technologies
- ? Facilitate server data backups and ensure effective storage methods for recovery procedures
- ? Provide technical guidance and one-on-one training to end-users, both on a scheduled basis, and “as needed”
Hardware Knowledge & Skills:
- ? CompTIA A+ certification required
- ? Dell DES notebook certification, preferred
- ? Dell DES desktop certification, preferred
- ? Various peripheral computer equipment, dual monitors, printers, scanners, etc.
- ? Wireless network – basic setup and troubleshooting for PCs, Smartphones, and tablets
Software Knowledge & Skills:
- ? Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- ? Working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows workstation Operating Systems
- ? Anti-Virus Software
- ? On-Call Support (24x7)
- ? Successful completion of a background security check and drug screening
- ? Professional appearance:
- • no visible tattoos
- • Hair must be clean, combed and neatly trimmed or styled, may not obscures eyes or face.
- • Sideburns, mustaches, and beards must be neatly trimmed
- • No jeans or T-shirts
- • Modest, professional and conservative jewelry may be worn
- • Wearing of body piercing jewelry is limited to earrings for females only. Earrings are limited to no more than two (2) earrings on each lobe of the ear
- • The client has a very strict dress code in place which will be covered during the interview process
- ? Physical Requirement:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Working tickets in the Client’s ticketing system, break-fix including warranty repair for Dell, IMACs, and software installations.
- Work schedule: 8am-5pm local time, with on-call support 24x7.
- 4-5 years’ experience CompTIA A+ certification required
- Dell DES notebook certification preferred
- Dell DES desktop certification preferred
- TOP 2 required skills that candidates must have
- 1.) Customer Services
- 2.) Corporate Desktop experience with Break-Fix