Field Service Technician I US CMPCJP00046172
Hartford, Connecticut 06101
Catapult Staffing is partnering with a Multi-national IT Consulting Firm in Hartford, CT (06101) to provide a Field Service Technician I!
In this role, you will:
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and entry level - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- The tech must have CompTIA A+ certification. (Not expired).
- Any other Vendor certification are welcome. (Example: CompTIA Network +, Server +, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Lexmark, Xerox etc.)
- Candidate must have some customer service experience in our industry.
- Candidate must be motivated and a self-starter.
- Candidate must be able to follow instructions and directions as provided.
- Communication is a key component in our business. Candidate must be able to speak politely, clearly and intelligently in both verbal and written form in a timely manner.
- Tech must be able to fix laptop, desktops and printers using the service manuals provided.
- Candidate must also be able to think outside the norms to resolve issues. Mostly commonsense.
- Printer repair experience is a big plus (HP, Lexmark and Xerox). This means, following service manual and dismantling apart printer and fixing internal problems and successfully putting the printer back together in a timely manner. Not just replacing toners and customer replaceable parts.
- We work with hardware, software and networks at various levels with various customers.
- We work with various customers in the field and candidate must be able to prioritize his day to day work schedule based on customer SLA and commitments.
- Travel is a must of around 50 miles radius. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00am -6:00pm
- On Call almost 1 week \ month
- (24\7 support for certain accounts)
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.