Field Service Technician I US CMPCJP00046138
Springfield, Massachusetts 01101
In this role, you will:
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and entry level - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- The position is virtual and will require the technician to travel to multiple sites a day (all depending on where the calls are that day).
- The technician will be responsible for updating and completing service calls within an SLA period.
- Field Service Technician will review calls each morning in our ticket system, update their calls, travel out to client sites and do anything from break fix to IMAC work including POS and Printer (Lexmark and Xerox), all with focus on SLAs.
- The preferable address would be anywhere in a 15 miles’ radius around Springfield, MA.
- Temp to hire Field Service Technician which will run service calls in and around the Springfield, MA area, sometimes helping in Hartford, CT depending on the volume.
- Typical Work hours will be 9am-6pm Monday through Friday and the technician will be included in an on-call rotation (24/7 for one week at least every 3 weeks).
- The technician will be required to take and pass OEM warranty certifications and client specific training to service our many accounts.
- A+ Certification is required for the position.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of break fix or deskside support experience, printer experience is a must.
- Please list your TOP 2 required skills that candidates must have
- 1.) Desktop/Laptop Break fix and Printer experience
- 2.) Strong Work Ethic, with the ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment related to our customer SLAs and Training requirements
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.