Distribution Center Manager
Houston, TX 77061
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Set daily warehousing and administrative expectations and following-up to ensure these are completed successfully.
* Report daily shipments as well as shortfalls to upper management, to keep all informed.
* Oversee/ensure all daily shipments and other transactions are processed in a timely manner.
* Monitor email for delivery changes or cancellations by Customer Service.
* Monitor on time fulfillment of weekly orders to consignment warehouses.
* Ensure cycle counts occur regularly, investigating variances and ensuring process improvements are implemented to prevent future losses.
* Maintain cleanliness of building, contacting necessary repair companies, when necessary, escalating any issues needing further approval.
* Maintain adequate shipping, office and other supplies, keeping costs to a minimum.
* Cross-train employees for full utilization in all warehouse activities.
* Maintain high level of inventory accuracy.
* Meet or exceed shipping goals, ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Adhere to and hold all employees accountable for meeting all safety guidelines and policies.
* May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency, as assigned by manager.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree or higher in a business or related field preferred.
Skills & Experience - Required
* 5-10 years of inventory and warehousing supervision or management required.
* Solid understanding of processing transactions related to inventory movements, warehouse to warehouse transfers, adjustments, shipping, receiving, cycle count and physical inventory in a warehouse environment, in order to assist and oversee individuals performing such transactions.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of inventory management best practices.
* Strong freight knowledge and demonstrated success in expediting freight.
* High level of experience with freight systems, such as FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, third party carriers.
* Intermediate level skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, etc.