DOD Director Of Business Development
Falls Church, VA 22042
Our client in Falls Church, VA is seeking a Director of DOD Business Development . This role requires the Business Development Professional to identify, qualify and capture opportunities across the U.S. Department of Defense. More specifically, in the Army, Air Force and Defense Agencies. This position is currently an individual performer role and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Development. Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of the programs and acquisition methods used by the U.S. Department of Defense, including a deep understanding of their mission, goals and objectives, as well as their IT infrastructure, and mission solution requirements and challenges. This role will be responsible for developing Account Plans, Call Plans, and associated execution strategies which will result in the successful identification and ultimate capture of opportunities that align with capabilities and advance the mission of our clients. They are looking for an " intrapreneurial" mindset, someone who can individually build their own portfolio of business that can quite possibly grow into something more over time.
The job is mostly remote, as they are out in the field every day, must live locally. Must sit with both executives for 1/2 hour interviews if brought in for final face to face. If that goes well, they will meet the Capture manager, proposal writer, etc. Then meet the CEO.
They want someone who can work on DISA, DHA, etc. Non-combatant agencies. They are looking for someone with $40-50 Million in wins over a 4-5 year period. As high as $150 -200 million wins total. Intellidyne typically bids $150 + Million. Want to see a contract wins document. (i.E. Agencies, size, etc.)
BD Director needs to bring down large scale deals in next 12-18 months. No telecom people. Want IT services candidates as it says in the job description. They will work around a bonus check coming from candidates existing firms as they know many candidates won't start until January 2019 because of the sales cycle.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Leverage and coordinate available resources to efficiently and effectively, identify, develop, qualify and close opportunities in the client environment that align with capabilities and expertise.
* Develop and maintain an active Sector growth plan in alignment and consistent with corporate strategy and goals.
* Develop and execute strategies which will serve to effectively inform client requirements and acquisition strategy.
* Serve as the primary interface with the client community and build client relationships through effective communications, both with internal and external stakeholders.
* Identify, qualify, capture and close new business opportunities with in the market through a variety of venues employing insight, creativity and ingenuity.
* Achieve and exceed sales goals through winning new business, supporting contract recompetes, and organic program growth.
* Embrace the Business Acquisition Process in daily activities, and effectively communicate all the opportunities and plans for management, technical and various support teams.
* Assist in the development and dissemination of client focused documents such as responses to requests for information (RFI), market survey's, white papers, presentations, proposals, briefings, and major event demonstrations.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience in lieu of the degree.
* 8 - 10 years of business development or sales experience serving DoD clients.
* Experience working with the Information Technology and Consulting industry.
* Experience working with a standard sales methodology and supporting tools and applications.
* Experience working with proposal support, operations, finance / accounting, contracts / legal.
* Demonstrated track record of success exceeding sales targets, growing business opportunities and trusted client relationships.
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, time & expense record keeping software (like Deltek), and CRM software.
* Demonstrated success with winning more than one complex services solution bid in the federal sector within the last two years.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, engineering or related field.
* Prior success with Army, Air Force, DISA, DCMA, or other DOD agencies preferred.
* Military experience highly preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and experience interacting with team members and prospective clients from the operational level to the Executive Suite.
* Strong selling and negotiation skills.
* Strong communication skills - capacity to listen to clients and provide solutions that exactly meet their needs.
* Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain formal and informal networks across the federal market space.
* Demonstrated network of existing relationships both in the target client environment and partner ecosystem.
* Willingness to travel as needed.
If you qualify and are interested, please send all resumes to sung.Lee@catapultstaffing.Com