Florida, FL 33487
LOCATION: BOCA RATON, FL
TYPE: DIRECT HIRE
Our client is seeking a hands-on DevOps Manager/Sr. DevOps with strong Azure experience. The Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining the pipelines from source code check-in through production deployment and post deployment technical support. The successful candidate will have worked for a SaaS company and will have extensive experience operating within Azure.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead and grow a team of DevOps Engineers
- Drive continual improvement across the organization
- Maintain Source code repositories
- Build and maintain pipelines for CI and CD
- Supports Development and production systems and deployments
- Structure and Maintain Software Configuration management
- Support system and software test automation
- Develop automated scripts for packaging software
- Develop automated scripts to deploy packaged software
- Support multiple target environments using similar automation and methodology: Development, QA, Staging and Production.
- Work with Development and Product teams on considerations for designing operationally smart applications for deployment in cloud environments, focusing on performance, security and budgeting
- Ensure all cloud deployments follow established workflows.
- Manage deployment and validation of patches.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux systems in a production setting.
- Prior experience with monitoring tools and APMs such as application insights and operations manager
- Proactively adopt new cloud infrastructure and technology
- Manage environments in Azure to ensure optimal capacity, performance, security and availability.
- Working knowledge of handling Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in Azure.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- 7 years of hands on experience in software design/development and/or operations.
- 2 years of experience leading software design/development and/or operations.
- Background in Development, Systems Architecture, and/or Operations.
- Experience delivering applications in Azure.
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Scripting experience in Powershell.
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS and GIT.
- Experience with TFS Release Manager
- Work experience deploying web and application services to Azure PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of DNS, Monitoring, SSL Certificates, File Servers, Security, Performance, High Availability, Redundancy and Disaster Recovery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OMS
- Experience in Automated Deployments with Continuous Integration workflows.
- Experience working in Scrum teams.
- Prior Devops leadership experience
- Azure certifications preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment