Cloud SAN Engineer
Washington DC, Washington DC 20002
The primary scope of this work shall include:
* functioning as a Cloud Storage, SAN/NAS subject matter expert
* candidate will analyze, capture, architect, design, test, implement, troubleshoot, and provide system improvement recommendations.
* develop and update Operations Guides for NOC/Operations engineers.
* follow an SDLC (system development lifecycle) using proper change control processes and procedures to implement large-scale enterprise technical solutions via phased, multi-implementation platform deployments by identifying and defining requirements, detailed system designing and development, security and system testing, and release.
* creation of system model and system architecture diagrams and designs, system test plans & test cases, implementation plans, and operations guides.
* function as a subject matter expert for SAN/NAS Tier 3 troubleshooting, support, and improvement recommendations.
* working Quality Assurance and project management knowledge, processes, and procedures.
* performing work without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in the determination of technical objectives of assignments.
* U.S. Citizenship/Meet DOJ Residency requirements
* Ability to acquire an EOUSA Public Trust Level 6 EOD Waiver as a result of an SF85P+PS investigation.
* Extensive experience with SAN/NAS Technologies utilizing EMC products such as VNX Series 1 and 2, Unity, Isilon, XtremIO, DAS, NAS
* Experience with lock Replication Technologies, specifically Dell EMC RecoverPoint
* Experience with NAS Replication Technologies (Isilon SyncIQ, VNX ReplicatorV2)
* Experience with Cisco MDS Directors and Switches
* Networking Experience
* Experience with IP addressing, subnets, gateways, ports, protocols.
* Disaster Recovery planning experience
Preferred Additional Skills and Qualifications:
* CommVault Experience
* Other storage technology experience such as NetApp and Purestorage
* Distributed File Systems and Object Storage experience: such as IBMCOS, Cloudian, Dell EMC, ECS, Scality, Western Digital, or equivalent
* Experience with Dell EMC Unisphere
* Experience with enterprise level backup software.
* A four-year Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering, or scientific field or equivalent experience.
* ITIL Foundations certification