CMPCJP00050824 Senior Desktop Engineer
Cambridge, MA 02139
***Important: we can ONLY consider US permanent residents for this role!***
The immediate need is for someone with heavy Desktop Engineering experience and 5 years over all of Managing LANDesk Administration (Senior Administrator Level II Support experience) needs to know how to design and manage infrastructure, knowledge of LandDesk Admin Back-end and Front-end User support.
* The Client Services Senior Desktop Engineer responsibilities include computing environment design, architecture, operational life-cycle and evolution management for endpoint devices.
* Position includes providing top tier corporate computing systems support and VIP support services.
* Responsibilities also entail development and maintenance of a productive relationship with vendors, business partners, clients and members of other IS teams.
* Position requires ability to evaluate complex challenges of the modern infrastructure needs and deliver enterprise-level solutions that adhere to the strict performance, security, compliance and sustainability standards.
* Desktop Engineer will be responsible for end-user experience and entire system life-cycle of all PC and some macOS endpoint products for the enterprise, tools and technologies involved in managing, configuring and updating such devices as well as evaluation and integration of new technologies. This role will be reporting to the manager of Desktop Engineering and will provide hands on engineering level deliverable's that adhere to the set strategies, road-maps and corporate goals.
* The successful candidate will have a strong customer service and technical background within a dynamic IT environment.
* He/she will be a well-organized, systematic problem-solver with a proven ability to communicate ideas and develop business relationships.
* Large enterprise IT delivery and familiarity with ITIL standards are required to ensure Client continues to provide best in class services to our business customers.
- Oversee all aspects of endpoint computing systems, including OS and 3rd party patching and remediation, business software offerings, compatibility and distribution, endpoint management technologies and user experience. Perform hands-on management of such systems as necessary.
- Design, test, deploy and maintain Windows based computer images, Assist in macOS imaging and configuration infrastructure.
- Create, test and assign Windows Group Policies and deploy software packages and scripts as necessary to achieve desired changes in the environment. Maintain and configure internal self-service application installation portal.
- Provide identification, prioritization and remediation management of security and stability
related vulnerabilities. Work closely with Information Security on maintaining necessary security baseline and standing while not significantly impacting system usability and user experience.
- Provide root cause analysis of current issues and work with other department staff to remediate quickly and efficiently.
- Provide hands-on L3 and VIP support when necessary.
- Perform coordination of proactive and preventative maintenance of business systems, assist in planning of hardware refreshes and equipment procurement.
- Manage relationships with vendors providing products, solutions and/or services to Client IS needs. Coordinate professional services activity in areas of work as needed.
- Perform operational reporting on software and hardware inventory, software usage reports, free license standing and other CMDB data pulls. Assist in license audit, true-up and new software licensing purchases and maintenance.
- Assist business customers with technical solution selection and integration. Act as a liaison between IT and business.
- Continually identify improvement opportunities as well as prioritize, evaluate and implement new technologies into the environment. Stay current on industry developments and upcoming technologies and practices.
- Develop and maintain overall documentation and Standard Operating Procedures. Provide training and materials to IT support staff and business users as needed.
- Manage operational health and engineering innovation of Desktop Engineering infrastructure such as file servers and shares, imaging servers, lifecycle management products, support software infrastructure and other systems.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team as well as be a self-starter
- Exceptional relationship management and performance management skills.
- Strong desire to acquire new skills and learn new technologies.
- Ability and desire to act as an advocate for user and business needs.
Minimum required experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/MIS or IT work experience equivalent
- At least 5 years of end-user support in a " hands-on" corporate environment
- At least 3 years of Desktop/Endpoint Engineering experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to juggle and track many tasks and
complete them in a timely manner.
- Proven project and delivery management skills.
- Extensive technical expertise in management of PC and Mac endpoints, operating system
lifecycle, hardware management, networking, information security and security applications,
directory services and Microsoft server technologies.
- Expert level experience in virtual and physical computing technologies, endpoint lifecycle,
deployment tools, application packaging, automation and scripting languages.
- Experience with vendor management for service, design and procurement with a
demonstrated ability to manage success of technical implementation and support
- Experience using/managing the functionality and workflow with ITSM tools
- Expert level experience managing, configuring and maintaining following mandatory systems:
- MDT/SCCM, Landesk/Ivanti, Microsoft AD and RSAT, Windows OS customization,
troubleshooting and optimization tools, software packaging tools, endpoint backup solutions.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Additional preferred experience, education, etc.:
- Experience working in a highly secure or DOD environment; knowledge of both technical tools
and industry standards
- Familiarity with NIST, NISP, DFARS, and other DOD compliance documents and standards
- Current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundations certification preferred
but not required
- Familiarity with following software suites and systems: JAMF Pro, Code42 CrashPlan, McAfee
ePO and security software, McAfee Disk Encryption, CyberArk EPM, Office 365, SQL,
- PowerShell and VB.NET/VBS.
- Experience is troubleshooting and maintaining MATLAB, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Adobe CS/DC
and other specialized software suites.
Schedule is M-F 8am - 5pm with some OT