CMPCJP00047568-Systems Administrator III
Atlanta, Georgia 30301
6 month contract to hire role
Must have extensive experience with AppSense (2 yrs+). Appsense, Appsense, Appsense!! Desktop Now is preferred. Tech can work remotely. Three step interview process: Phone Screen (30 min), Tech Interview (1 hr), In person/video interview (1 hr). Contract to hire 6 mnth-perm**
The Systems Integration Specialist will be responsible oversight and day to day operations for key items in a virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment. The candidate must pose a superior knowledge as well as be able to demonstrate their technical proficiency in a specific VDI toolset such as Citrix XenDesktop or VMWare Horizon with experience in managing medium to large environments. The candidate must be able to troubleshoot all aspects of their specific VDI toolset effectively and understand the imaging, application virtualization and user profile management in detail. Applicants should also have similar skills in Application Management including layering and streaming technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Image design, build and support in virtual platforms for both persistent and non-persistent environments.
- Support and administrator the client based OS configurations and customizations required for optimal experience in virtual environments
- Create templates or gold images and supporting desktop groups or targets / pools in Citrix (MCS / PVS) and VMWare Horizon
- Setup/use/troubleshooting of user profile management including 3rd party solutions such as AppSense.
- Support and administration of application layering, virtualization and streaming specifically for use in a virtualized platform.
- Ability to develop custom reports within toolset(s).
- Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment.
- Provide 2nd level support for support analysts.
- Provide 3rd level support for Deskside support and Client support analysts.
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices.
- Consults with customers regularly to identify needs, develop and implement proposals.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Identifies and prioritizes system requirements and enhancements, and communicates to executive management.
- Plans and oversees the rollout of all changes.
- Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems.
- ?Ability to train less experienced staff is required. ?
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience / Skills:
- Understanding of all standard operating systems
- Experience with VDI platforms (Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare)
- Experience with application delivery in VDI platform (XenApp, Unidesk, AppVolumes, App-V)
- Experience with user settings and profiles with AppSense
- Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks (i.e. WinBatch, VBScript, Batch Files)
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills: gets along well with others.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Shares knowledge readily and recognizes own need to learn.