C6049C Technician Specialist- BMIJP00002499
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
Our client is currently seeking a Cryogenic Systems Technician to assist with the daily operations for maintaining cryogenic based storage units at the CDC Biorepository (CBR) facility in Lawrenceville, GA. CBR was established as a centralized biorepository resource to preserve more than 6.5 million specimens representing previous and ongoing studies, outbreak investigations, emergency responses, and public health surveillance and provide ongoing specimen management support to CDC programs. Specimens housed at CBR play crucial roles in public health research and population health. The repository operates in accordance with ISBER Best Practice guidelines.
The selected applicant(s) will work on-site at any of the three CDC campuses, Chamblee, Roybal and/or Lawrenceville. Candidates must be US citizens and will need to meet all training and safety requirements for the effort. In addition, the selected applicant will have to obtain and maintain a CDC security clearance. Relocation support is not available for this position.
- Assists with delivery of Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) to laboratories; assess needs and usage
- Monitor and perform repairs and maintenance for cryogenic equipment, including liquid nitrogen storage units, supply equipment and bulk tanks.
- Carry a business phone 365/24/7 for readiness to respond to monitor alarms, including after-hours, for equipment malfunctions, diagnose, and resolve problems. Assist with salvaging samples as needed.
- Provide expertise for relocation and installation of cryogenic equipment.
- Transport equipment to other CDC locations.
- Monitor cryogenic supply usage, keeping the contract operation's manager informed of system anomalies
- Complete all required safety and mandatory training as directed.
- Adhering to the universal precautions with regard to the handling of hazardous materials.
- Adhering to the CDC policy of treating all data as confidential.
- Adhering to the CDC and client's policy of laboratory safety and security.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Completion of two-year program in electronics or mechanics AND/OR one to four years of cryogenics or related experience.
- Solid experience working with cryogenic products and equipment.
- Knowledge of the physical properties of cryogenic liquid and gases.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles.
- Skill in the installation, adjustment and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and compressors.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills - must present a high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to be a motivated and independent self-starter.