C4022B Research Associate - BMIJP00002510
Atlanta, GA 30329
Looking for a Research Associate with experience with Mass Spectrometry and specimen logistics.
THE PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Analysis of human urine specimens, using advanced analytical instrumentations (e.G., UHPLC-MS/MS) including but not limited to volatile organic compound metabolites, diamines, amino acids, and amine oxides.
- Perform standard assays in routine analysis.
- Qualifying or modifying existing analytical methods.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative measurements and analyzing data.
- Writing up findings for reports or peer reviewed publication.
- Adhering to the universal precautions regarding the handling of biological samples and biological waste.
- Adhering to CDC/NCEH/DLS and CLIA 88 guidelines regarding laboratory protocols and quality control.
- Adhering to the CDC/NCEH/DLS policy of treating all data as confidential.
- Adhering to the CDC/NCEH/DLS and Battelle policy of laboratory safety and security.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science AND 2-5 years' experience or MS with 0-2 years of experience
- Technical knowledge and experience with analytical procedures and instrumentation such as UHPLC-MS/MS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, i.E. EXCEL, WORD, and PowerPoint software.
- Excellent at being meticulous, detail-oriented, neat and organized.
- Excellent at keeping records.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to work well with a team.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with CLIA regulations.
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry instrumentation (UHPLC-MS/MS)
- Experience with specimen inventory aspects (i.E, sample logistics).
- Familiar with laboratory information management system such as STARLIMS.
- Familiar with statistical software such as JMP, SAS.