Virginia, VA 16501
Job Location: Headquarters - Erie, Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 3 to 5+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Accountancy - AR/AP - Payroll
Reports to: VP Contracts & Finance
Responsible for providing accounting services for the corporation and maintaining its financial records in compliance with all federal, state, local and professional requirements by performing the duties listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Prepares and performs various journal entries to maintain the corporation's account books.
* Position responsible for assisting but not limited to GL account reconciliation, daily cash reporting, accounts receivable/payable, billing and revenue accounting and financial analysis.
* Develops and maintains accounting systems and procedures for the corporation by maintaining books of accounts, cash figures and related matters.
* Provides necessary training for using accounting systems and procedures to related staff.
* Enters appropriate data into computer system on a daily basis to include accounts payable, deposits and necessary maintenance items.
* Performs all appropriate functions for the preparation, mailing and filing of the corporation's checks to include accounts payable and payroll.