Tech Support Analyst II US CMPCJP00047173
776 Highway 74 South Peachtree, Georgia 30339
- Help Desk Technician with Linux Experience – Level 2
- The Desktop Technician’ s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users and is part of a multiperson help desk team responsible for providing exemplary support to the user community.
- This position requires the technician to have excellent customer service, superior PC diagnostic skill set, and experience working in a team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Maintains, analyzes, installs, repairs computer systems, and hardware and software peripherals.
- Must have 5+ years of supporting, troubleshooting, and diagnosing Microsoft operating systems and at least 3+ years of Linux exposure.
- Exposure to Active Directory and GPO is a plus.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customer in person, via messaging, and on phone.
- Access software updates, drivers, internal and external knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Work closely with other technicians to communicate incidents, problems and aid in diagnosing issues.
- Responsible for timely escalation and communication to Manager on all unresolved and escalated work orders.
- Responsible for troubleshooting LAN and WAN related issues.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering company policies and department standards.
- Responsible for support all Windows Based PC’ s to include updates, patches, and drivers.
- Responsible for support for Linux systems, installation, configuration, and support.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots network cards and network connectivity software.
- Configure Apple and Android Mobile phones for deployment to users.
- Configures and troubleshoots network printing on client computers.
- Assists Network Engineers in debugging network issues as required.
- Assists in Video Conferencing meetings for technical guidance and know how.
- Some traveling may be required.
- Document Best Practices for specific process flows.
Qualifications: Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of advanced windows computer diagnostics, configuration, installation.
- Strong grasp of Windows to include diagnosing issues, and independently researching solutions.
- Strong grasp of Linux, analytical problem solving skills, with strong command of CLI.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on rapport-building, listening, and pertinent questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Disk imaging/replication using Ghost.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required, including communicating with team members in other states.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to a wide range of customers.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, sees problems to resolution.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Foster, promote and author technical knowledge and KB articles with team.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 6+ years equivalent work experience.
- Highly desirable certifications: A+, N+, Linux+, LPI,
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- May sit for several hours at a time supporting calls.
- Collaborative and inventing team environment to our support team(s) in multiple states
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume. I will contact you as soon as possible!
For further information, contact:
Who We Are – Catapult
Founded in Dallas, TX in 2013, Catapult Sta? ng provides employment solutions to a wide variety of companies, including IT, healthcare, clinical, life sciences, professional services, banking, and? nance. At Catapult, our mission is to match great talent with great opportunities. We achieve this by building long lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates with a focus on customer service, integrity and teamwork.
For more information visit www.catapultstaffing.com