600 Vine St, Ste 1400
Post Date: 05/12/2017
Job ID: 15828
Industry: Other Area(s)
- Responsible for supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
- Major Job Duties:
- Test and image desktops and laptops.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals.
- Ability to setup, configure and add all hardware.
- Assist Corporate Desk Side Support technicians with large IMAC’ s.
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Provide technical support to end users via telephone.
- Back up and burn end user data.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes.
- Assist coworkers in resolution of end users’ technical issues.
- Assist coworkers in the execution of established processes and escalations.
- Test, image and clean PC’ s, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 to 4 years of hands on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation required.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possess 1 to 2 years experience in a break/fix environment.
- Able to lift and palletize heavy equipment. (PC’ s, monitors, printers.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- This position is to complete a 3 person team assisting end users at the customers HQ office in Cincinnati approximately 500 on-site end users, and additions 9, 000 remote users.
- Deskside support for users on- site in Cincinnati may include reimaging, printer support (drivers), reconnecting file share, virus/malware removal and assisting with remote support as needed.
- Monday - Friday 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm EST.
- Very little if any OT.
- This position does have an on-call schedule for VIP support.
- 3+ years desk side support,
- C+ and
- HP certification preferred,
- Ticketing system experience (Service Now preferred)
- TOP 2 required skills that candidates must have
- 1.) Strong Win 7/10 troubleshooting skills
- 2.) Documentation skills (writing knowledge base articles and emails)