Systems Administrator III US - CMPCJP00047868
Louisville, Kentucky 40223
6 months contract-to-hire position for a Sr. Linux Administrator in Louisville, KY
As the Systems Administrator III you will function as a Sr. Engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of customers ranging from medium size business to large enterprises. The systems administrator’s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of environments using public cloud infrastructure with a specialty in Linux Server Administration and automating routine Systems Administration tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
· Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
· Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
· Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
· Communicates effectively with various entities, including Service Delivery Managers, Account Managers, remote site personnel, and client technical and non-technical resources.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sr. Level Linux/Unix Server Support (RedHat, Oracle Linux / Solaris, etc.)
· Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Certificates, etc)
· Virtualization Technologies such as VMWare, KVM or Xen
· TCP/IP Networking (Experience with hardware/software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers)
· Server Optimization and Hardening, Vulnerability Research and Remediation
· Experience reading, writing, or modifying Shell, Perl, Python scripts
· Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter racking\stacking, cabling
· Other duties as defined by management
· ITILv3 / PCI / SOX Compliance Experience
· Cloud Formation, Code Commit
· EC2, S3, RDS
· Security Groups/Network ACLs, Elastic Load Balancers, Route 53
· DevOps Exposure (Windows System Administration Exposure for Automation)
· RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA Certification
· Client Communication Etiquette
· Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met.
· Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high?quality environment
· Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision