Systems Administrator III US - CMPCJP00047868
Louisville, Kentucky 40223
6 months contract-to-hire position for a Sr. Linux Administrator in Louisville, KY
As the Systems Administrator III you will function as a Sr. Engineer in a managed services environment supporting a variety of customers ranging from medium size business to large enterprises. The systems administrator’ s primary responsibilities include monitoring, administering, and supporting the core services of environments using public cloud infrastructure with a specialty in Linux Server Administration and automating routine Systems Administration tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
· Performs systems maintenance, upgrades, capacity planning, and administration.
· Develops, documents, and standardizes preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on production systems.
· Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves incidents and problems within defined service level agreements (SLAs).
· Communicates effectively with various entities, including Service Delivery Managers, Account Managers, remote site personnel, and client technical and non-technical resources.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sr. Level Linux/Unix Server Support (RedHat, Oracle Linux / Solaris, etc.)
· Core Server infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Certificates, etc)
· Virtualization Technologies such as VMWare, KVM or Xen
· TCP/IP Networking (Experience with hardware/software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers)
· Server Optimization and Hardening, Vulnerability Research and Remediation
· Experience reading, writing, or modifying Shell, Perl, Python scripts
· Ability to lift 50lbs, datacenter racking\stacking, cabling
· Other duties as defined by management
· ITILv3 / PCI / SOX Compliance Experience
· Cloud Formation, Code Commit
· EC2, S3, RDS
· Security Groups/Network ACLs, Elastic Load Balancers, Route 53
· DevOps Exposure (Windows System Administration Exposure for Automation)
· RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA Certification
· Client Communication Etiquette
· Effectively lead detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’ s needs are met.
· Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high? quality environment
· Must have excellent team and collaboration skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision