Post Date: 03/12/2018
Job ID: 18363
Industry: Other Area(s)
Duties include designing test strategies and frameworks for automation, and test planning, implementation, execution, and reporting. Cloud testing experience, and API testing is required . Experience developing or testing cloud-based microservices AWS, Azure, or similar platforms.
• QA Automation of embedded products(home and sound entertainment systems), API testing, cloud environment(experience with tools), and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
• 5+ years' industry experience in QA or Software Engineering.
- Design and develop automation frameworks and test suites to test products and services.
- API testing is required. This is not a UI testing role . 80-100% of the testing will be APIs
- Cloud testing experience is required .
- Python scripting required, with programming level capabilities
- Understand frameworks, approaches, and test strategies used by peer teams; leverage, extend, and share wherever possible
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Experience with network protocols preferred
- Familiarity with Linux- based systems and mobile applications (iOS and Android) preferred
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format a plus
- Familiarity with version control, bug tracking, and CI /CD systems and procedures
Tools being used:
Candidate should have experience with TWO OR MORE of the following REQUIRED:
- Docker: container platform
- Docker compose: docker container orchestrator in development environment
- Jenkins and pipelining: CI job system and methodology of writing jobs using Groovy and plugin system
- Pytest – Python functional/unit test framework
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Postman & Newman – API/HTTP test app and CLI test runner
- Performance testing – Gatling and Jmeter
- SonarQube – continuous inspection, coverage, code quality tool
- Pylint and flake8: static analysis tools for python
- Sphinx: documentation generation framework
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent