Senior Medical Science Liaison Neurology -Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut
The (Senior) Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to our client’ s products. The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
1. Work with key professionals at the national, regional, and local level, educating key healthcare professionals with current, fair-balanced medical, scientific and pharmacoeconomic information regarding products and therapeutic areas. Increase the awareness of marketed products allowing the key healthcare professionals to make informed therapeutic decisions.
2. Working with investigators to facilitate the process for clinical trials. Expedite the development and collection of quality data for pipeline compounds and marketed products.
3. Developing working relationships with healthcare professionals who are influencers and opinion leaders within their area of expertise. Advocacy of influencers as it relates to the company and its marketed products and compounds in development.
4. Assist in the preparation and execution of regional and/or national advisory board meetings for marketed and pipeline products, including making presentations, assisting with slide preparation/review and facilitating interactive discussion groups. Provide resource for presenting medical information allowing feedback from decision makers about the utility of our products and how they compare in the marketplace.
• Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD, DPH, EdD)
• Minimum of 1-3 years of MSL experience in therapeutic area
• 5+ years pharma/industry related experience
• Disease state management knowledge in therapeutic area
• Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
• Strong overall written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and experience within desired therapeutic area; comfortable and confident speaking about drug information/disease state management
• Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies
• Understanding of the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs
• Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
• Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest
• Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically
• Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials and working with spreadsheets
• Clinical research/drug development experience
• Clinical pharmacy experience