4401 Wilson Boulevard Suite 700 Arlington, Virginia 22203
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience in writing software, programs in .Net or JAVA environment.
- Very strong in C# including solid knowledge of .Net features such Exceptions, Memory management, Reflection, and LINQ
- 1+ years of development experience building integration solutions using web services built with WCF, WSDL, SOAP, REST/WebAPI, MVC.
- Knowledge and experience of Entity Framework.
- Must have working experience in .Net 4.5.x/4.6.x and features such TPL and LINQ.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Broad experience working with a wide range of managers, developers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team using Agile development process
- Working knowledge of OOD and modern design patterns.
- Exposure to and some working knowledge of concepts and technologies such as microservices, messaging, caching, API gateway, DevOps, cloud experience is desirable
Bachelor’ s degree in computer sciences from an accredited college. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, processing and performing all assigned tasks in an efficient manner. The Engineer is also responsible for performing programming tasks pertaining to the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of company applications. The Software Engineer is also responsible for production support of company applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement features and implemented code modules as required by product owners and as per task assignments
- Write automated unit tests for each class that makes up a module
- Write automated integration tests for each module
- Make sure the code modules are added in a way that they can be easily integrated into continuous integration environment
- Ensure the code modules pass coding standards
- Maintain existing central site applications and provide support on production issues
- Fix bugs and work with other teams such as QA and Operations to ensure proper fixes get into production systems