Software Development Engineer
1516 2nd Ave Seattle, Washington 98101
Software Development Engineer
Do you want to build the premium shopping experiences for millions of customers? Do you want to work on performance challenges for providing the best recommendations less than 200 milliseconds, given millions of customers and millions of products? Are you interested in working on Machine Learning and data science, believing every customer should not have the same experience?
We are looking for an experienced, result-oriented engineer to predict patterns in the interests of customers and the products they love. Our vision is to provide personalized shopping experience for devices, accessories, and services for all channels, including voice, applying machine learning science, which will drive continuous innovation and change the way people shop online. You will seek out hidden and valuable correlations between the easily-measurable and the hard-to-quantify, within immense volumes of real-world data. You will develop ML models and train them to solve the personalization challenges. You will formulate quantitative metrics which allow us to track progress and audit solutions with minimal cost and human effort. You will also pioneer development of ML platform and infrastructure with scalability and performance in mind.
You will work closely with product managers and UX designers to identify and solve real-world customer problems and business opportunities. You will have the opportunity to interact with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components. You will have complete ownership to define new shopping experiences and drive innovation with the latest technologies, including machine learning. We encourage experimentation and pushing innovative technology solutions. You will also have opportunities to build platforms and influence other groups as you define new customer experiences. We are a full stack team, so you will have experience in all aspects of our multi-tiered environment.
Software development engineer positions require a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in a high-level language, experience building highly scalable, systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. You will own the design of major deliverable and have opportunities to build them from scratch. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
· Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
· Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development from scratch
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment is preferred
· Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.