Senior Software Engineer - Device Commerce Machine Learning
1516 2nd Ave Seattle, Washington 98101
Senior Software Engineer – Device Commerce Machine Learning
Are you interested to work on Machine Learning projects, dealing with large amount of data and the latest technologies?
We are looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Development Engineers who are capable of translating business goals into robust software solutions. We own the device and accessory buying experience on websites. We are looking for exceptional machine learning engineers to help us build the world class, scalable, best applications and Accessories recommendations platform.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer who is interested in Machine Learning, dealing with large amount of data and technology to solve difficult but interesting, direct customer impacted tough problems, then you should come join our Team to help us continue to build the Device Commerce Machine Learning platform.
On top of Machine learning and technology, you will have other opportunities to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI to back-end distributed webservices to device software. You will own the design and execution of major deliverables. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high-visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customers and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation, then this is the job for you!
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ year relevant work experience
• 8-10+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PERL
• Experience of Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Mahout, Pig/Hive, SQL.
• Experience of technology, such as AWS SQS, EMR, and SNS.
• Experience of Machine Learning, developed highly scalable classifiers, tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and design rules based models.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.