Senior IP Network Engineer
GA CTech B, 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta, Georgia 30328
9 month Senior IP Network Engineer Contract opportunity in Atlanta!!
Senior IP Network Engineer
Our client is searching for a Senior IP Network Engineer to serve as a key point of contact with the clients Business Product Development team to bring new data & networking services, features, and capabilities to the clients Business commercial customers. This role will utilize a deep and broad knowledge of IP Routing, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, platform capabilities, technical standards, and industry trends & practices to convert business requirements into technical designs that can be built, tested, and brought to market in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The data and networking service products for the clientsBusiness consistently experience strong growth and are a critical priority in the clients Communications’ business objectives.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Collaborate with the clients Business Product Development to define business requirements and priorities. Convert those business requirements into technical requirements.
- Create draft designs and construct proofofconcept mockups in lab, including attention to interoperabiywith other network domain handoffs. Execute lab trials and develop field trial test plans.
- Support the transition of high level designs into field / market trials, and product launch. Supporting transition to operations teams with new practice development and design revisions.
- Identify risks to rollout plans and clearly articulate impacts and options to business partners with proposed workarounds, changes to schedule, modified product scopes, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to existing designs & practices on an ongoing basis, drawing on new platform capabilities, industry standards, market demands, etc. Define the business impact and value of these improvements, publicize priorities, and align resources needed to perform proof of concept testing and introduction into the client’s commercial services network operations for these design improvements.
- Drive vendors toward open standard, reliable, scalable, and more costeffective architectures.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on network technology and market requirements, particularly relating to Metro Ethernet and other advanced networking services in demand by commercial & enterprise customers (e.g. L3VPN, VPLS, EWAN, internet and Ethernet Private Line services, QoS, Service Level Agreements, etc.).
- BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Engineering, Computer Science, or Telecommunications). Will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Business and/or management education, training, or direct professional experience is desired.
- 7+ years of experience in related field (i.e., Telecommunications, network engineering fields) or MS/MA and 5 years of experience in related field).
- 5+ years of experience with IP and MPLS network design and management including recent experience with Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel Lucent/Nokia specific implementations; as well as experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including OSPF & BGP).
Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP, NRS II or equivalent
- Experience in leading complex project execution teams, ability to delegate work activities and provide clarity of goals and priorities in a manner that assures timely execution of projects.
- Clear understanding of modern router architecture and network design (control plane and forwarding plane separation, switch fabric design, egress queuing, IP lookup algorithms, traffic engineering, protection mechanisms, and capacity planning).
- Advanced knowledge of Metro Ethernet switching architecture, design and implementation? Metro Ethernet OAM and network timing as related to circuit emulation over packet.
- Ability to understand Physical and DataLink layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture and operations (i.e. Optical, Ethernet, HFC/DOCSIS, PON, RF, etc.)
- Experience in data communications and networking standards (e.g., MEF, ANSI, IETF, IEEE.)
- Effective written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Experienced at writing technical proposals and documentation. Typical formal documentation outputs will include test plans, project business/technical requirements, test results and key findings, standardized design guidelines, and implementation guides. Informal communication skills (e-mail, teleconference, face to face, etc.) are also required.
- MS/MA in related discipline (i.e., Engineering, Computer Science, or Telecommunications). Will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Business and/or management education, training, or direct professional experience is desired.
- Large Enterprise or Service Provider experience
- 10+ years of experience in related field (i.e., Telecommunications, network engineering fields) or MS/MA and 5 years of experience in related field).
- 7+ years of experience with IP and MPLS network design and management including recent experience with Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel Lucent/Nokia specific implementations; as well as experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including IPv6, OSPF, IS-IS & BGP, Multicast, RSVP-TE, etc.).
- Certifications: CCIE, JNCIE, SRA or equivalent
- Direct experience with Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia’s Service Router platform (7x50, 7210, 7705).
- 3+ years of experience with IP Security network design and management including recent experience with Cisco ASA, or Juniper SRX specific implementations; as well as experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including stateful firewall, IPS/IDS, Content Filtering, etc.).
- Telecommunications Industry certifications a plus (i.e. MEF, Cisco, AlcatelLucent/Nokia, Juniper).
- Direct experience with AlcatelLucent/Nokia’s Service Router platform (7x50, 7210, 7705).
- Deep understanding of service reliability and service availability while having the capability to apply these concepts to Service Level Agreement calculations.
- Direct experience with Ethernet performance measurement protocols such as 802.1ag and Y.1731.
- Understanding network domain segmentation, bridging services to management domains, and the use Y.1731 test results to determine network latency and jitter.
- Experience with Ethernet Network Interface Demarcation (NID) devices (Adva & Accedian).
- Knowledge of test measurement protocols such as RFC 2544 (IETF), Y.1564 (ITU), RFC 6349 (IETF) test suites, etc.
- Experience with the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, PHP, Ansible, shell scripts.
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Xen, KVM, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of SDN principles and technologies such as OpenFlow, Service Chaining, NFV, OpenStack, Controllers, Orchestration, SDWAN, etc.