REACH Compliance Specialist
355 River Oaks Parkway San Jose, California 95134
Great Opportunity in San Jose, CA! This is a 12 month Contract.
Job Description Key Responsibilities:
- Working with our Compliance Engineer, our Document Control group, and contacts at designated suppliers, to document compliance with the REACH directive.
- Review part documentation identified in product Bills of Material (BOMs)? identify and contact suppliers for REACH compliance statements. Edit component specification sheets (internal data sheets) to update/include supplier REACH I compliance statements.
- Write and process Engineering Change Orders in order to revise the updated component specification sheets.
- The REACH Compliance specialist position will answer to the Sr. Compliance Engineer in the QA group in San Jose.
- This individual will be required to effectively interface with QA, Engineering, Compliance Engineering,
and technical personnel at suppliers’ facilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Direct, hands on experience with electronic documentation systems and Document Control processes
for high tech companies.
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical component parts and familiarity with suppliers and their websites is a strongly recommended.
- Experience using Product Center or similar PLM/PDM systems required.
- Experience using ERP systems required? specifically work with SAP is a plus.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry, and clearly document progress on the project.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, and Adobe Acrobat are required.
- Required previous experience: new part creation and revision, writing and processing Engineering Changes.
- Generation of weekly progress reports compiled in Excel.
- Knowledge and previous experience working with European Union Environmental directives such as RoHS and REACH required.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask and work cross functionally.
- Must be process oriented and detail oriented.
- Work experience in ISO 13485, 9000, and/or FDA environment preferred.