Quality Assurance Engineer
1516 2nd Avenue Seattle, Washington 98101
Quality Assurance Engineer
This critical role will continue to build on the current success by leading the quality assurance automation and framework creation/ enhancement efforts responsible for the end to end quality of the devices and accessories store. We are looking for a proven, hands on, results-oriented quality assurance software engineer to lead a team that will drive the strategy, tool selection, quality bar, and best practices for the future experience of our customers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
· Establishing a consistent, scalable testing framework which compliments the development processes
· Working closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and testing approach
· Determine what can/should be automated and work with the teams to make it happen.
· Create metrics and reports on status of quality, technical operations, and system performance. Drive towards agreed upon quality
· Working effectively with product managers, designers, engineering, and business teams to deliver the best overall experience factoring in financial goals and usability goals
· Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Experience in designing and developing/extending automation tools and frameworks
· Experience with functional and/or performance testing for web applications and/or web services
· Excellent problem solving and debugging skills and an ability to come up with innovative solution.
· Experience in developing high quality test plans, test cases and execution
· Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment is preferred
· Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
· Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
" Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”