11091 Sunset Hills Rd Suite 700 Reston, Virginia 20190
Our client, a leading government contractor in Reston, VA is actively seeking multiple Pega Systems Architects to join their team onsite in Reston, VA. The selected candidates will be working on a long term, contract to hire opportunity, and support development efforts for a government client. This is a highly visible role and qualified talent will need a solid background and experience developing software on the Pega platform and will serve as the SME.
Pega Systems Architect Responsibilities:
• Collaborate closely with other highly skilled Pega system architects.
• Be a champion of Pega’ s technology and its value to the customer.
• Develop foundational enhancements to existing production Pega applications.
• Design and implement new Pega applications and prototypes.
• Establish standards and best practices for a Pega Center of Excellence (CoE).
• Mentor and support junior-level system architects to cultivate and sustain Pega expertise for the customer and within the company.
• Integrate Pega applications with external APIs, web services and legacy data sources.
• Estimate implementation level of effort based upon requirements and design.
• Articulate and manage tasks using software project tracking tools like codeBeamer, JIRA, or Rational Team Concert.
Pega Systems Architect Requirements:
• Masters or Bachelor’ s degree required – Computer Science degree preferred.
• At least 6 years’ experience supporting software/ hardware development efforts.
• At least 3 years’ specific experience as a Pega SSA.
• Proven experience developing enterprise-class Pega applications.
• Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment.
• Strong Object-Oriented design and implementation skills.
• Experience in creating SOAP/REST connectors/services.
• Exceptional communication skills in English both written and oral.
• Experience in Agile Development Methodology, especially PegaSCRUM.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
• Strong understanding of relational database design concepts.
• Pega SSA and LSA certification.
• Experience working for a federal government customer.
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Experience developing on PegaMobile or the AMP platform.
• Experience integrating with GIS maps and features.
• Experience in PRPC version 7.1.x.
About Catapult Staffing:
Catapult Staffing supports clients in the areas of Engineering and IT, Professional Services, Finance, and Federal Government sectors. We are passionate about matching the right talent for our client, and being an advocate for our talent! Check out our website: www.catapultstaffing.com
We are headquartered in Dallas, TX with offices internationally including Washington, DC and Reston, VA.