Network Engineer II US - CMPCJP00047860
10100 Linn Station Road Louisville, Kentucky 40223
3 months contract-to-hire position for a Network Security Engineer in Louisville, KY
· The client’ s SOC provides managed security services for Global clients and manages their security operations.
· The team is responsible for 24X7 telephone and remote support, specialized support for security compliance users, and works with the clients on security issues.
· This role will act as a subject matter expert for the team’ s junior members and a center of knowledge, leveraging upon the years of experienced gained in this field, deploying and supporting Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto), IDS/IPS, Content Filters, VPN (IPSec/SSL), Cisco ISE, Nessus vulnerability scans, SIEM tools.
Job Description: Essential Responsibilities:
• Security/Firewall management background in working for large enterprise.
• Must have experience in analyzing and implementing complex firewall rules on Fortinet devices
• Perform log management and threat analysis set up and fine tuning.
• Design and architect tool for optimization.
• Collaborate with client technical teams for issue resolution and mitigation.
• Participate and help remediate the security incidents.
• Help remediate security incidents by interfacing with internal customer teams and other tool vendors.
• Fortinet UTM Management: Perform log analysis, use of IDS, IPS, and/or other signature technology. Manage and maintain the log management and threat analysis solution.
• Experience with an enterprise-class ticketing system. Manage and maintain SLA’ s agreed with our customers.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support.
• 5-8 years of Information Technology experience with network technologies, specifically TCP/IP, and related network tools and concepts
• Knowledge of scripting language and ability to automate things as necessary
• Demonstrable comprehension of Information Security, including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
• Ability to understand and write hex, binary, regular expression, etc.
• Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs).
• Knowledge to manage and troubleshoot Fortigate devices required
• Hands on experience with any industry standard SIEM is required
• Fortinet specific certifications preferred
• SANS GIAC GCIA certification desired
• Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
• Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling, and response
• Experience in a fast paced, high stress, support environment
• Ability to follow detailed process and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
• Outstanding work ethic
• Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources