3801 Bienville Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70119
Our client, a growing Rehabilitation Hospital Development and Management company is seeking a Marketing/Clinical Liaison for a brand new, state-of-the-art Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The Liaison will be responsible for performing pre-admission assessments of the status of patient referrals and the evaluation of patient needs, serve as an educational resource for hospitals and healthcare professionals, and actively assist the referring and accepting facilities in addressing requirements of specific patients. The ideal candidate will also facilitate communication between facilities and referral sources such as hospitals, physicians and others, as well as present facility services to promote admissions and a smooth discharge during transition to the Rehabilitation Hospital. Additionally, the Liaison will develop strong relationships with area physicians, hospital personnel and the community, and identify new opportunities for partnering and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patients, review their medical records, and complete evaluation for review by Medical Director.
- Explain the types of care and services the facility offers to patients and their families.
- Obtain accurate information from physicians, patient, and/or referral source regarding patients’ care needs, and expected discharge plan and communicate to the Admissions Coordinator.
- Coordinates specialty supplies and equipment necessary to provide service to patients and families and communicates these needs to appropriate departments.
- Develops relationships in the community on behalf of the medical facility.
- Assists DBD in identifying special projects including but not limited to: physician recruitment and retention, marketing issues, new program implementation and adjustments to regulatory modifications.
- Proficient with pre-admissions screening as directed by regulatory agencies and/or facility.
- Develop and implement a territory marketing and business development sales plan with primary focus on developing new business relationships and maintaining established relationships that generates an ongoing flow of referral sources.
- Has knowledge of competencies and capabilities of the facility’ s clinical and rehabilitation product to accurately assess a client and provide recommendation for placement.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds in an appropriate and timely manner and follows up on admission variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, payer sources, legal guidelines, competitive analysis, and market trends.
- Provides educational in-services and professional presentations for referral sources, community groups and other organizations regarding the hospital’ s services, programs and outcomes.
- Exceeds defined admission targets and referral development strategies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the admission process and provides backup to the Admissions Coordinator when necessary.
- Obtains accurate information from referral sources, patient/caregivers, physicians, attorney’ s, discharge planning staff and/or hospital staff to complete the referral assessment and prepare the patient and the facility’ s team for admission in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the facility’ s clinical supervisor regarding admission preparations and any concerns such as special circumstances, orders, skilled needs, and/or caregiver needs pertinent to the delivery of care to the client as needed.
- RN, LVN/LPN or Clinical Degree preferred.
- Nursing license or bachelor’ s degree in relevant clinical field preferred.
- Marketing experience in healthcare, Rehab experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel via personal automobile (proof of insurance required)
- Excellent assessment skills and knowledge of, or ability to learn, insurance, worker’ s compensation, letters of protection and managed care principles/practices.
- Strategic thinking with persuasive negotiation skills to achieve prescribed goals.
- Computer literacy skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current BLS
- Valid driver’ s license and a clean motor vehicle record, as well as applicable insurance as required by state law.