INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER (ISSO)
Catapult Staffing is seeking an information systems security professional who has experience working with the federal government on related Information Assurance security and certification & accreditation (C&A) / Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A). Position can be located in either Bluemont VA. This is a full-time position on an existing contract offering an excellent salary + benefits. However, it can also be set up on an hourly w2 or corp to corp basis. There is no expected travel related with this position.
Helpful experience would be in network / systems administration or scanning/IDS/IPS while also being able to fully understand government security policy / regulations that relate to the possible mitigation practices and applying these practices to the C&A process.
The requirements for candidates to be considered are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Excellent communication (especially writing) skills
- A security certification such as Security+, CISSP (highly preferred), CISA, CISM, etc.
- Some Network Security, Systems, or Security engineering experience Ie. Nessus scan, CM, Encryption, or VOIP/LINUX/Windows Network security
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant experience in information security
- Preferred DHS information security experience (recent)
- STIG Hardening methodology understanding Preferred
- Minimum Active Secret Security Clearance
- Ability obtain a DHS Suitability (EOD)