Front End Engineer
1516 2nd Ave Seattle, Washington 98101
Front End Engineer
Looking for an experienced, results-oriented Front End Engineer capable of building world class customer experiences on the Web. Successful candidates are creative and innovative, and take great pride in both the deep technical contribution and the positive business results of their work.
As a Front End Engineer, you will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind. You will interact with product managers and designers and convert their vision into technical solutions. You will collaborate with other Front End and Software Engineers to deliver inspiring customer-facing products. You will also guide the team on web/mobile development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions you build. When you' re not working on features, you will architect efficient and reusable front-end solutions capable of driving complex web applications that perform at scale. You will identify and address performance bottlenecks, participate in design and code reviews within the team, as well as advocating for front-end engineering innovations beyond our group.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience
- 3+ years of professional front end, web, or mobile software development
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including MVC, data structures, algorithms, and Object Oriented Design
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Rails, C++ or C#
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development from scratch
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment is preferred
· Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
“ Catapult provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”