Post Date: 07/07/2017
Job ID: 16426
Industry: Other Area(s)
Contract-to-Hire Opportunity for Field Service Technician!
Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs. May require an associate' s degree or its equivalent and entry level - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- Primary work is XEROX Printer repair, but will include Desktop, laptop and server repair as well within 80 mile radius of Indianapolis, IN.
- Will also assist the team with field support work for approximately 100 clients in the Indianapolis area.
- Work schedule Monday-Friday 8 am -5 pm rotating on-call schedule which includes weekends and holidays.
- Overtime situations are evaluated and approved where needed. On-call is overtime as it occurs after hours and on the weekends.
Top 3 Must Haves:
- 1.) CompTIA A+ is required 2.) Desktop and laptop OEM support 3.) Experience supporting printers or MFD’ s (multi-function displays) - XEROX Training needed
- Must be able to pass a background and drivers background check.
- XEROX certified is a plus