Director of Business Development
3801 New Orleans, Louisiana 70119
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Our client, a growing Rehabilitation Hospital Development and Management company is seeking a Director of Business Development for a brand new, state-of-the-art Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining hospital marketing programs to promote the hospital, its image, services and programs in compliance with standards and in alignment with the hospitals’ strategic business plan that would increase revenue, profit, market stability and market growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide frontline sales representation of the Rehabilitation Hospital developing professional relationships with healthcare executives, physicians, clinicians and insurance providers throughout the community to drive high census and broaden marketability.
- Makes sales calls outside the facility to medical, legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the admission process.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and state regulations and reimbursement (Managed Care, Medicare and Medicaid).
- Develop business plans through research and analysis of market data.
- Manage and coordinate referrals from providers, facilities, or any customer source and convert appropriate referrals into admissions for the hospital.
- Back up the Admission Coordinator and/or Clinical Liaisons as necessary.
- Achieve referrals through physician development and implementation of an effective referral marketing and call cycle planning resulting in admissions.
- Identify options for partnering with other providers in the market and assist in developing partnerships with necessary providers.
- Works collaboratively with hospital leadership, Medical Executive Committee to facilitate the recruitment, placement, volume development and retention of new physicians as identified within hospitals strategic marketing plan.
- Direct and guide team on growth opportunities, admission process, billing and contractual opportunities to ensure revenue reimbursement.
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred - Marketing, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Business Administration or related field.
- Clinical License preferred.
- One to three years of marketing experience; hospital/healthcare setting preferred. Previous health care community relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, reimbursement program from payer sources.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current BLS
- Valid driver’ s license and a clean motor vehicle record, as well as applicable insurance as required by state law