120 Monument Circle
Post Date: 02/01/2018
Job ID: 18061
Industry: Other Area(s)
Seeking an experienced Director of Research to join our client' s Safety and Epidemiology Life Sciences Research team. The candidate must have experience in the healthcare consulting or biopharmaceutical industry.
Our client provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with " real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. The projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
The Director of Research will lead the business operations of the Safety and Epidemiology business unit and oversee a team of scientists in the execution of pharmacoepidemiology, risk management, and medical product safety studies for a portfolio of clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Managing the Safety and Epidemiology business unit, including oversight of the full portfolio of projects.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Business operations management
- Set the strategic direction and priorities for the Safety and Epidemiology business unit.
- Plan, direct, and control the resources and efforts of the Safety and Epidemiology business unit, including the development and implementation of the hiring plan.
- Mentor and develop associates to support the growth and success of the company' s Safety and Epidemiology team.
- Lead analysis for resources (e.g., people, funding, materials, and support) to complete projects and recommend changes.
- Lead the evaluation of business unit performance against plan to review successes, shortfalls, and areas of concern.
- Hire, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of direct reports.
- Research portfolio managementOperational accountability of all Safety and Epidemiology projects.Support principal investigators and project managers in the proactive identification of potential bottlenecks, gaps, and risk areas as it relates to scope, budget, and timeline, and escalation to senior leadership.
- Track current and projected financial status of research projects.
- Support research leads in the development of timely, accurate, and high quality project deliverables.
- Business development support
- Lead the development of study proposals in response to a Request for Proposal, including the scope of work, budget, and timeline framework around each proposal.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Directors to facilitate proposal submission, bid defense preparations, and contract execution.
Qualifications: This position requires an MS, MPH, PharmD, or PhD in business or a life sciences field; 5+ years of experience in health service research, epidemiology, or related field; 3+ years of experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities leading project teams in the execution of research studies, including 2+ years of experience managing client interactions; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.PhD preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment highly preferred.
- Strong research background that includes study design and analytical skills highly preferred.
- Relevant experience in conducting research using health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) preferred.
- Consulting, clinical, payer, biopharmaceutical, or related experience preferred.
Our client is headquartered in Wilmington, DE.
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level - Director
- Management Experience Required - Yes
- Minimum Education - Master' s Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally